Last year on the eve of new year i prayed for an “Eat . Pray. Love. ” year. Two-thousand-and-twelve rolled in and i was still going through the motions of life feeling every raw and overwhelming feeling. It’s twenty-one days to a new year, and it’s the first time that i am having a deep understanding of my “not so obvious” blessings of twenty-twelve. it’s better late than never.
This is what i learned about twenty-twelve
On, death and change
1. all the changes i encountered over the last 358 and counting days ; gave me an opportunity to be myself
2. death has taught me how to empathize with others ; especially those who’ve lost a loved one to a heart attack
3. Above all, i learned that there is strength in change ~ i am no longer afraid to change … with a smile or a tears
1. Dear self, forgive me for treating you like a burden instead of a gift throughout the year.
2. i have found serenity in places that i least expected; i let go of the past with its mistakes and regrets; now, i am looking into the future.
3. i am overcoming imperfection through acceptance
1. the heart leads and the mind protects. so, i shall continue to surround myself with men who respect me , not just those who make my heart feel something
2. there is a lifetime of wisdom in me , relationship change over time ; some are starting a new relationship, some are getting engaged, some are entering their second year of marriage , some have broken up and others are widows.
3. there is no cookie cutter – relationship ; trust your gut instincts and be open minded
this woman and her God
1. learned to have faith and trust in a power greater than i am ; because faith led me through
2. i have learned to feel my raw emotions in an unapologetic way because this feelings needed to be expressed and Sweet baby Jesus understands.
3. i don’t have to divide myself between my faith and being a woman with convictions. i am a christian, a feminist inclined woman and i am enough !!! Cast the first stone if you are without sin
I’m becoming the woman i have always wanted,